Lobelia siphilitica (Blue Cardinal Flower) 750 Seeds
Perennial - zone 3 to 8
- Seeds per package - 750
- Bloom Time - Late summer - early fall
- Bloom Color - Sky blue to purple
- Size - 2' - 4' tall
- Culture - Full sun to part shade
- Characteristics - Blooms for weeks and weeks - attracts bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.
- Special Features - The mother plants often form numerous rosettes that can be divided in the fall or spring to make new plants. Replant the rosettes and water well for several weeks to encourage root formation.
- Germination - After refrigeration, sow seeds very thinly in a seed flat, then cover the seed with a light dusting of soil. Water the flats from the bottom to avoid burying the seed too deep or washing the seeds into clumps. Seeds will germinate in about a week in warm soil.
- Special Note: Clean, dry seed must be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a couple of months before planting. (Seeds reportedly can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three years without much loss of germination.)
Packaged for 2017