Platycodon grandiflorus (Balloon Flower) 15 Seeds
Perennial - zone 3 to 8
- Seeds per package - 15
- Bloom Time - Mid - Late Summer
- Bloom Color - Purple/blue
- Size - Grows between 1' to 2' tall with very little spread.
- Culture - Full sun
- Characteristics - The plant's common name makes perfect sense. The flower buds are hollow balloons, which gradually inflate, color up and burst open to a beautiful star!
- Special Features - Balloon flowers tolerate very cold and hot weather with little care once established. These plants are also deer resistant and attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.
- Germination - To start seeds, barely press them into moist seed starting mix, enclose the containers loosely in a plastic bag, and keep them around 60 degrees and in moderate light. Seedlings appear in about two weeks and can be transplanted to larger containers a few weeks later.
Packaged for 2017