Alcea rosea (Burgundy Hollyhock) 20 Seeds
Perennial - zone 3 to 8
- Seeds per package - 20
- Bloom Time - July - September
- Bloom Color - Burgundy
- Size - 5 - 6' x 5'
- Culture - Best in full sun, tolerates part shade. Let seed pods fall to form a clump for a show of spikes and flowers year after year.
- Characteristics - Tall stalks could need staking, self-sows. Be sure to cut down stalks after blooms (unless saving the seeds) all they way down to the ground in preparation for winter.
- Special Features - Attractive to bees, hummingbirds and butterflies. These hollyhock seeds tend towards perennial ~ and you can encourage more plants by allowing them to go to seed each year.
- Germination - Germination in 7 - 14 days, plant outside after all signs of frost are gone and soil is 50°F or warmer. I've planted many all together for a tall display of color as these plants add height to my gardens.
Packaged for 2018