Echinacea purpurea (Purple Coneflower) 100 Seeds
Perennial - zone 3 to 10
- Seeds per package - 100
- Bloom Time - Summer - fall
- Bloom Color - Purple/pink
- Size - 24-36"
- Culture - Full sun to part shade. Medium to dry moisture.
- Characteristics - Echinacea purpurea is considered the most ornamental of the three species used for medicinal purposes. Other medicinal species are E. pallida and E. angustifolia.
- Special Features - Attracts butterflies, bees and Finches fight over the seeds. Drought, heat, humidity and poor soil tolerant.
- Germination - Germinates at 65-70ºF in 10 to 15 days. For same season blooms, sow no later than January 25 indoors. Otherwise, fall sow. Press into soil and cover very lightly. Seeds need light to germinate.
Packaged for 2018