Echinacea purpurea (White Coneflower) 50 Seeds
Perennial - zone 3 to 9
- Seeds per package - 50
- Bloom Time - Early Summer through Fall
- Bloom Color - White
- Size - 16 - 20"
- Culture - Full sun to light shade
- Characteristics - Coneflowers are tall, erect plants with sturdy stems. They have long-lasting blooms and when planted en masse provide color for many months. They do not have a full leaf look so smaller plants around them can be seen without interference of the taller blooms of this flower.
- Special Features - Coneflowers have a very long bloom time and are sturdy plants that won't bend nor flop from summer rain storms. Once established, coneflowers need very little care even in the form of watering unless there are long spells of drought.
- Germination - Coneflower seeds take some time to germinate so plan to start 3 months before your spring planting date if starting inside. Coneflower seeds need a period of cold to help them germinate. 8 - 12 weeks before planting - put your seeds on a damp paper towel, cover the seeds, put them in a plastic bag inside your refrigerator. This will help them begin the germination process. Plant seeds, cover them, once sprouted, uncover and allow them to grow. Seedlings are ready to plant once they have their second set of true leaves. If planting outside, direct sow seeds in the fall to overwinter.
Packaged for 2018