Helleborus foetidus (Stinking Hellebore) 20 Seeds
Perennial - zone 5 to 9
- Seeds per package - 20
- Bloom Time - Feb - April
- Bloom Color - Green with purple edging
- Size - 1 inch downward facing blooms on 1' (up to 2') plants.
- Culture - Part shade to full shade. This is an evergreen plant that takes 2 years to bloom when started from seed. You can cut back flower heads to promote more foliage growth after bloom time. This Hellebore is known for its beautiful foliage.
- Characteristics - Helleborus Foetidus is nicknamed stinking hellebore as it gives off a mildly unpleasant odor when its stems are crushed. Helleborus comes from Greek in reference to the plant’s toxic leaves and roots that are poisonous.
- Special Features - Plant your hellebores where you can see them during the winter months as blooms will appear very early in the spring or even during late winter.
- Germination - Sow seeds upon receipt - no matter when you receive them as Hellebore seeds need several months in damp cold (not dry cold like a fridge) before they will germinate. Germinate usually takes place between November and March. Do not use artificial heat as this will keep them from germinating. Seeds will keep for at least two years.
Packaged for 2018