Heuchera micrantha 'Purple Palace' (Coral Bells) 100 Seeds
Perennial - zone 4 to 9
- Seeds per package - 100
- Bloom Time - Summer
- Bloom Color - Tiny white flowers
- Size - 12 to 18" tall and wide
- Culture - Partial to Full shade
- Characteristics - Beautiful dark colored brick reddish leaves make a bold statement in the front of your garden. Plant this type of coral bell in the front for a stunning border.
- Special Features - Another common name for heuchera is alumroot as the plant has high levels of tannins, which gives it a bitter taste and making this plant deer resistant! Heuchera is semi-evergreen and are often able to maintain their colorful foliage well into the winter.
- Germination - Seeds need a period of cold ~ so plant in the fall or place seeds in the fridge for a period of 6 weeks. When planting - seeds need light, so sprinkle them on the top of the soil and press in. Keep seeds moist until germination in about 21 - 28 days.
Special Note:The genus Heuchera was named for a German physician from the 18th century, Johann Heinrich von Heucher. While it is doubtful that he had anything to do with this plant, it was common for plants to be named after prominent people at that time.
Packaged for 2018