Hibiscus cannabinus 'Amethyst' (Rose Mallow) 20 Seeds
Perennial - zone 6 to 10
- Seeds per package - 20
- Bloom Time - Summer to early fall
- Bloom Color - Creamy white with dark purple throats
- Size - 3-4'
- Culture - Full sun to part shade. Medium moisture.
- Characteristics - Doesn't like prolonged drought.
- Special Features - Even if this variety is planted in colder zones, H. Amethyst will self seed and produce a new crop the following year. Unwanted seedlings are easily pulled out.
- Germination - Germinates at 70ºF in 14 - 21 days. Sow in Fall or Winter. Press into soil and cover lightly, needs light to germinate. Seeds can also be soaked in hand warm water for 24 - 48 hours and the seedcoat nicked before sowing indoors 6-8 weeks before the last frost date..
Packaged for 2017