Paeonia suffruticosa (Tree Peony) 4 Seeds
Perennial - zone 5 to 8
- Seeds per package - 4
- Bloom Time - April to May
- Bloom Color - Pink
- Size - 3-5' X 3-4'
- Culture - Full sun to part shade with average moisture.
- Characteristics - Tree Peony, is a deciduous, woody shrub, unlike the herbaceous Peony that dies to the ground every year. Used as a specimen or hedge.
- Special Features - Flowers are extremely showy. Attracts Butterflies, tolerates Rabbit and Deer.
- Germination - Soak in hand hot water and let stand for 24 hours. Warm/moist stratify for 90 days, cold/moist stratify for 90 days (I use moist perlite in a plastic baggie). Alternatively, sow seeds directly into the garden 1 - 2" deep in spring. Keep seeds watered in dry periods throughout the season. The first 3 month warm period should produce rootlets and the second 3 months cold should produce leaves. Patience is required.
Packaged for 2017