Scabiosa columbaria (Purple Pincushion Flower) 20 Seeds
Perennial - zone 3 to 7
- Seeds per package - 20
- Bloom Time - Spring to Fall
- Bloom Color - Blue/Purple
- Size - 12" to 24"H
- Culture - Full sun to light shade
- Characteristics - Long-lasting blooms from April to September make this plant a favorite with gardeners. Remove spent flowers to encourage more blooms. Let a few go to seed so you can propagate more plants!
- Special Features - Scabiosa flowers are especially attractive to butterflies and are deer and drought resistant.
- Germination - Germinates at 70°F in 7 to 10 days. Sow indoors 6 weeks before last frost or directly outdoors after the threat of frost has past. Seedlings will flower their first year.
Special Note: Scabiosa comes from the Latin word scabies meaning "the itch" in reference to the plant's rough leaves which could supposedly cure the itch.
Packaged for 2018